Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I love slow

Last Sunday, I was at Sm Mall of Asia's Cyberzone. There I saw the latest branded and assembled computers. I want to buy a new computer but I have doubts baka kasi biglang may bagong lumabas eh.

Right now, my own personal computer only has a 2.4 ghz Pentium 4 processor, a 256mb ram, a 40gb hard drive and a 5.1 surround sound with 250 watts subwoofer something I can at least boast about. hehe!

I'm not a hardcore gamer so I don't feel bad about it. I only play o2Jam, Openttd and other "kengkoy" games.

Also, I'm not yet creating programs that requires more computing power. So I'm still satisfied with what I have.

Although sometimes, it feels really slow but for me maybe it's just because I'm using windows :D. Booting to linux or a reformat will do the trick.

The reason why I have doubts in buying something new is that, it depreciates too quickly. For example, when i bought my P4 processor, it costs around P7,000. After 1 year the price dropped immediately.

Asar! Sana naghintay na lang ako ng isang taon di ba para mas mabilis yung nabili ko.

But, I know soon, I should replace my computer because software development is also as quick as computers development. There will come a time that the softwares that I will be using would really ask for more computing power.

For example right now, I'm still using Adobe Photoshop 7, the latest I think is the Adobe CS3. I'm using a software that is two steps behind but I still don't mind because I can still do what I want to do in Photoshop 7 although I know my work will be faster and easier if I upgrade to the latest version.

Ang bilis magbago!

I wonder when will technology slow down....

I wonder when will they be able to develop a computer that depreciates slowly and will at least be useful for 10-15 years without upgrades...

No comments:

 


Dweky's Mantech Logs | Some Rights Reserved